GLOBAL Warranty for our modern world
Samick's Global Warranty enables you to enjoy your new Samick piano with complete confidence. This warranty is ideal for those who desire an extra measure of security for their piano investment. You will be able to relax and enjoy your instrument, because with Samick's Global Warranty you can rely on:
- Peace of mind from the day your piano is delivered with a pre-delivery external check, beautifying polish and preparation of your piano
- Full service, including tuning and regulation to Samick factory requirements, by a Samick approved piano technician, provided free of charge by your authorised Samick dealer
- Complimentary post-delivery inspection by your Samick dealer or authorised representative
- Factory-backed protection package, providing comprehensive service and cover
- Samick extended warranty period over ten years
- International geographic and language coverage with Samick's Global Warranty
- Annual email tuning reminders
Samick understands the demands of today's society where people increasingly live and work across international borders, families move more frequently and cultural or language issues are often difficult to overcome. We live in a constantly changing, transient and cultural diverse world.
Consequently, Samick offers a ten (10) year Global Warranty on all new, registered Samick acoustic pianos. Other piano manufacturers do not generally provide service in countries outside where you originally purchased. In contrast, a Samick piano provides complete investment security with their comprehensive and truly universal Global Warranty.
You will receive warranty assistance and service in any country of the world where a Samick acoustic piano distributor is located, irrespective of the country where you originally purchased your piano. Purchasing a Samick acoustic piano is a sound investment because your warranty will move with you and your piano.
Samick currently support a network of over eighty acoustic piano distributors around the world. You are guaranteed to receive attentive service and expert advice from all Samick distributors internationally, regardless of your location or language spoken.
WHAT does my Global Warranty cover?
Subject to the terms stated below, your Samick Global Warranty is a limited warranty that will cover any defects in manufacturing or factory-fitted materials in your Samick piano, for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase.
This warranty only covers the piano itself and is only valid in countries where official Samick acoustic piano distributors are located. If an authorised Samick representative deems there is a genuine manufacturing issue, it will be the responsibility of Samick and its national distributors to fully cover the cost of repair, including the cost of parts if required, freight of parts and labour by an authorised person.
If the piano is irreparable, Samick and its national distributors will provide you with a replacement piano. If the same model and style is not available, a comparable model will be supplied. If after a reasonable number of attempts, repair or replacement of the piano is not possible, Samick and its national distributors will provide a partial or full refund of the purchase price.
This will only occur after all other avenues of redress have been undertaken and will take into consideration the extent of the problem, the piano's age, the care you have extended to the piano and the percentage of use already enjoyed. Please note that this warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights, which vary from state to state and country to country.
PERIOD of the warranty
This warranty will take effect from the date of purchase, not delivery, for a period of ten (10) years. If you experience a problem, but cannot prove the date of purchase, the warranty will revert to the date of manufacture. The warranty cannot be extended even if parts are replaced or repaired. If you receive a replacement piano, your warranty start date for the original piano will abide.
A limited transfer is permitted. Any remaining portion of the warranty will transfer to the new owner, but only if your piano is sold to or traded-in through an authorised Samick piano dealer. If you sell your piano privately, or through a piano store not officially authorised to sell Samick acoustic pianos, then the Global Warranty will not transfer to the new owner.
In this way, Samick aim to protect the quality of the Samick brand and guarantee that all Samick customers will receive expert piano advice and warranty service. Pre-loved Samick owners wishing to make a warranty claim may be required to show proof of purchase, showing details of the authorised Samick dealer store from which they purchased their piano.
Your warranty will move with you and your piano. If you are intending to move country, we recommend contacting your Samick dealer or distributor for transport advice. Please also notify Samick of your change of address for your warranty record by contacting your local dealer or national distributor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Samick's Global Warranty will not include:
- Samick pianos purchased from an unauthorised Samick acoustic piano dealer
- Pianos that have not received an Initial Service as detailed on the Samick Acoustic Piano Owner Certificate
- Damage caused by accident, natural disasters, negligence, misuse, abuse, or abnormal strain
- Damage caused by a failure to use the correct maintenance materials or procedures or failure to follow the 'Piano Care' instructions detailed in this booklet
- Damage due to lack of normal maintenance work such as tuning, voicing, regulation etc
- Damage resulting from someone repairing/servicing, or attempting to repair/service the piano who is not a piano tuner/technician. We recommend using only tuners/technicians approved by a Samick distributor, Samick dealer or Samick itself because improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repair will void this warranty
- The cabinet, including but not limited to, the cabinet finish, lacquer, surface scratches, chips, blemishes, colour or cosmetic defects
- Parts subject to normal wear and tear, including but not limited to, benches, string breakage, key tops, tarnishing and rusting
- Any damage caused by climatic changes or exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity, dryness, dampness, light or salt air.
- Tuning, regulation and voicing costs
- Traveling time costs for tuners/technicians beyond a 30km radius
- Freight, handling, and installation costs, unless a genuine manufacturing fault is reported in the first six (6)months after the product is purchased
- Damage after delivery of the piano to the customer caused by movement, transportation, or storage
- Tariffs, duties, export requirements or associated costs if the piano is moved internationally by the customer after initial delivery. Samick is not responsible for any export or import controls imposed by governments on customers wishing to move their piano into another country.
- Any Samick piano with the serial number or brand name altered or removed
- Any claim not authorised by Samick or one of its authorised distributors or dealers. If the tuner/technician fails to obtain authorization prior to conducting repairs, Samick and its representatives may refuse to cover the cost. Samick's authorised representatives reserve the right to make the decision about the type of repair or replacement required
- Any faults that have been ignored and not reported immediately to a Samick distributor, dealer or Samick itself. Customers are asked to notify a Samick representative within sixty (60) days of first noticing a problem
- Other acoustic piano brands manufactured by Samick other than 'Samick'
- Samick digital pianos
- Accessories supplied with your piano
- Electronic and electro-mechanical components, including but not limited to, Dream Piano and PianoDisc systems.
- Samick pianos that have been onsold
- This warranty is expressly limited to the lesser of the price paid for the product or the cost of repair or replacement of any product or components
- In no event will Samick be liable for any damages caused by the product or the failure of the product to perform, including any lost profits or savings, business interruption, lost revenue, loss of use, or any other commercial or economic loss of any kind, or special, incidental, or consequential damages.*
*Some states and countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply in your state or country.
This warranty is not intended to limit any rights under statutory requirements.
PROCEDURE for warranty repairs
If you experience a troubling or recurring problem, firstly speak to your Samick-approved piano tuner/technician and the authorised dealer from whom you purchased the instrument. They will assess the problem and determine if it is covered under warranty. If the store and tuner deem it to be a warranty issue they should contact the Samick national distributor in their country for warranty repair approval, prior to making any repairs.
You may be required to show written proof that your piano has been tuned regularly by an approved Samick piano tuner/technician. If your point of concern has not been resolved within 30 days following notification to your local dealer, please contact your national Samick distributor below with details.
PO Box 3092
Launceston, Tasmania 7250
phone: 1300 889 365
Please note that response and service times may vary between distributors and from country to country. In most cases, your dealer or distributor will be able to correct the problem. In the unlikely event that your Samick dealer or distributor is unable to resolve your enquiry, please report your experience to Samick Musical Instruments Co., Ltd, with a detailed explanation in writing to email@example.com or post to
Head of Quality Assurance
Samick Musical Instruments Co., Ltd
424 Cheoncheon Dong
South Korea 403-718
Samick will endeavour to respond to all communication in a timely manner. Please note that Samick's response time and resolution, may depend on the severity of the complaint and whether or not the problem is manufacturing in nature and covered under warranty.
To discuss any aspect of your Samick piano please speak to the Samick dealer from which you purchased the piano, your Samick recommended piano tuner/technician or your national Samick distributor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.